Joint TPDL / Dublin Core 2018 Doctoral Consortium (JTDC 2018)
September 10, 2018, Porto, Portugal
Call for Submissions
The purpose is to provide to doctoral students a friendly and lively atmosphere for sharing research ideas and experience with peers, and receive constructive feedback from senior researchers and scholars. JTDC 2018 follows an important TPDL tradition that aims at giving next generation researchers a chance to present their work to the digital libraries community, this year also extended to the DCMI community.
Submissions to JTDC2018 must be written in English, following the format for short-papers (6 pages in the LNCS format), and should focus on digital libraries or metadata related challenges. They must summarize the research at a stage in which feedback is still of value. Therefore, it is expected that students who send submissions had already completed the preliminary steps of their studies, have the research questions already identified and supported by a relevant state of the art overview (intermediate results may already exist, but relevant research issues still must be open for discussion).
A panel of senior scholars and researchers will conduct the workshop session. Students will have a slot to present their research project view, present status and open challenges, followed by an open discussion and feedback from the panel.
All accepted submissions will be invited for publication in a special issue of the Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries. Authors also will be offered a one year individual DCMI Membership!!!
Participation at the JTDC 2018 will be free of costs. Students willing to also participate in he TPDL 2018 and DCMI 2018 conferences will be able to register at any moment at the Early Registration rate, even if after the deadline for that. Students willing to only participate at the JTDC 2018 will no need to register for any of the conferences.
- July 01, 2018 – Submissions deadline (submissions by email to email@example.com)
- July 08, 2018 – Notifications of acceptance
- September, 10, 2018 – JTDC 2018 workshop session !!!
Doctoral Consortium Panel
- Ana Alice Baptista, University of Minho, Portugal (chair on behalf of the DCMI)
- George Buchanan, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Gema Bueno, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Hussein Suleman, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- José Borbinha, INESC-ID, IST, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal (chair on behalf of the TPDL)
- Kai Eckert, Stuttgart Media University, Germany
- Laszlo KOVACS, MTA SZTAKI, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Maja Žumer, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Marcia Zeng, Kent State University, USA
- Mariana Malta, Polytechnic of Oporto, Portugal
- Perla Innocenti, University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK
- Pertti Vakkari, University of Tampere, Finland
- Seamus Ross, University of Toronto, Canada