Joint TPDL / Dublin Core 2018 Doctoral Consortium (JTDC 2018)
September 10, 2018, Porto, Portugal
Call for Submissions
The purpose of JTDC 2018 is to provide to doctoral students a friendly and lively atmosphere for sharing research ideas and experience with peers, and receive constructive feedback from senior researchers and scholars. JTDC 2018 follows an important TPDL tradition that aims at giving next generation researchers a chance to present their work to the digital libraries community, this year also extended to the DCMI community.
Submissions to JTDC2018 must be written in English, following the format for short-papers (6 pages in the LNCS format), and should focus on digital libraries or metadata related challenges. Submission must summarize the research at a stage in which feedback is still of value. It is expected that students who send submissions had already completed the preliminary steps of their studies, have the research questions already identified and supported by a relevant state of the art overview (intermediate results may be presented, but relevant research issues still must be open for discussion).
A panel of prominent scholars and researchers will review all the submissions, decide on those to accept, and conduct the workshop session. Students will have a slot to present their research project view, present status and open challenges, followed by an open discussion and feedback from the panel.
All accepted submissions will be invited for publication in a special issue of the Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries.
The organization regrets it is not possible to provide financial support for the accepted students, but registration for JTDC2018 will be free. Also, students accepted for the JTDC 2018 will be able to register at the Early Registration rate, even if after the deadline for that (the TPDL 2018 and DCMI 2018 conferences will require only one registration, which gives access to all sessions and social events of both the conferences).
- June 01, 2018 – Submissions deadline (submissions by email to email@example.com)
- June 08, 2018 – Notifications of acceptance
- June 22, 2018 – Camera-ready short-papers
- September, 10, 2018 – JTDC 2018 workshop session
Doctoral Consortium Panel
- Ana Alice Baptista, University of Minho, Portugal (chair on behalf of the DCMI)
- George Buchanan, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Hussein Suleman, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- José Borbinha, INESC-ID, IST, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal (chair on behalf of the TPDL)
- Kai Eckert, Stuttgart Media University, Germany
- Laszlo KOVACS, MTA SZTAKI, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Maja Žumer, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Marcia Zeng, Kent State University, USA
- Mariana Malta, Polytechnic of Oporto, Portugal
- Perla Innocenti, University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK
- Pertti Vakkari, University of Tampere, Finland
- Seamus Ross, University of Toronto, Canada