The Steering Committee of the TPDL – INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THEORY AND PRACTICE OF DIGITAL LIBRARIES, invites persons and organizations to submit a bid for hosting the conference in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
TPDL has been the leading scientific forum on digital libraries since 1997. Until 2011 the conference was named European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries (ECDL). Information about the previous ECDL/TPDL conferences can be found at http://www.tpdl.eu/?cat=3.
The conference includes a variety of events in order to produce a rich and stimulating programme. Typically, a Conference includes (but is not necessarily limited to): (i) Tutorials, (ii) Workshops, (iii) Doctoral Consortium, (iv) Research papers, (v) Panel discussions, (vi) Posters & Demonstrations, (vii) Other co-located events, such as project meetings, and (viii) Social Programme.
Past conferences attracted 200-300 participants, and were usually held in the first weeks of September. TPDL has a long established cooperation with Springer-Verlag and its proceedings are being published in the frame of Lecture Notes on Computer Science, being indexed by the most important scientific databases and aggregators.
- (OPTIONAL) Informal expressions of interest are encouraged at any moment, providing as many details as possible, plus key contacts. Feedback and following assistance will be provided. Expressions sent until the September 5th or contacts in person during the forthcoming TPDL 2016 in Hanover, Germany on September 5-9, 2016 are strongly encouraged!!!
- (MANDATORY) Formal bids must be submitted according to the guidelines at http://www.tpdl.eu/?page_id=7
- Bid submission deadline: November 25, 2016
- Feedback to bidders and discussion: December 19, 2016
- Notification on bid selection: January 30, 2017
Expressions of interest and bids must be sent by email to the Executive Board of the Steering Committee (Jose Borbinha, Chair; George Buchanan, Deputy Chair, Giannis Tsakonas, Secretary), to the following addresses: email@example.com; George.Buchanan.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.